Recipe: Chipotle Love
By chefaaronsanchez.com - Family Recipes - Feb 25, 2016
I can not get enough of this tasty sauce, we use it to marinate meat and add flavor to almost any recipe. I call it “Chipotle Love” because it really does feel like adding some love with a kick to a dish. Particularly when making tacos or slow roasting meats and vegetables, this adds heat and tons of flavor.
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 peeled cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped canned chipotle
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime zest
- 1 cup canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Pour the oil into a heavy ovenproof medium saucepan and add the garlic. Cover the pot with foil, put it in the oven and cook until the garlic turns a nutty brown and is really soft (think cream cheese), about 45 minutes
3. Remove the pot from the oven and let the garlic and oil cool to room temperature.
4. Put the now garlic-infused oil in a food processor or blender. Add the chipotles and sauce, cilantro, lime zest, and salt and puree until the mixture is very smooth.
5. Store in the fridge in a tightly covered container for us to 2 weeks or freeze.