Recipe: Mexican Street Corn
Mexican Street Corn
By chefaaronsanchez.com - Johnny Sánchez - Apr 5, 2017
This is a super simple and really fun side dish. I grew up having this at BBQs and family gatherings, so it feels authentic and homey to me. This is one that kids can help with as well, I remember helping my abuela put this together during summer events at our house. Hope y’all enjoy!
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Total Time:||15 minutes|
- Street Corn
- 5 c grilled corn , cut off of the cob
- 1 c chipotle mayo , (4 parts mayo, 1 part pureed chipotle peppers w/ adobo sauce)
- 1 c cotija
- juice of ½ lime
- pinch of salt
- ½ c cotija
- 2 T chili powder
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 2 T chopped chives or green onion
1. Grill or roast the corn on the cob until slightly charred. Let the corn cool down to the touch and then cut off of the cob.
2. In a large sauté pan heat up the corn and then remove from heat, stir in the chipotle mayo, cotija cheese, lime and salt. Taste for seasoning and then garnish with the remaining cheese, chili powder, cilantro and chives or green onion.