Recipe: Queso Fundido del Grito
Queso Fundido del Grito
By Cacique USA - Partner Recipes - Dec 11, 2012
- 5 ounces Cacique pork chorizoor
- 1 package Cacique queso quesadilla, shredded
- ½ cup fresh poblano pepper, seeded and sliced ½ inch strips
- ½ cup white onion, sliced ½ inch strips
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortillas or chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a skillet, cook the chorizo until almost done, drain well. Add the poblano and onion and cook until tender. Completely remove pan from heat. Carefully add tequila. Return to heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 seconds or until most of the tequila has dissipated. In a medium casserole or glass dish, stir the cheese with chorizo, peppers and onions. Bake uncovered about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted through and slightly golden brown on top. Sprinkle with tomato and cilantro. Serve with tortillas.