Recipe: Scallop Ceviche with Avocado Crema, Shaved Fennel and Red Grapes
Scallop Ceviche with Avocado Crema, Shaved Fennel and Red Grapes
By Grapes From California - Grapes From California - Aug 17, 2016
It is my honor and pleasure to work with Grapes From California to create some recipes to show new and inventive ways to use grapes. They are healthy, delicious and so versatile!
- 1 roasted serrano pepper
- ¼ cup yuzu
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped cilantro
- Sea salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup Mexican crema
- Salt and pepper
1. In a sauce pot, combine the water, salt, bay leaf, coriander seeds and the segmented lime and orange and bring to a boil. Fill a separate large bowl with ice, water, lime juice and orange juice.
Once the water is boiling, add the scallops and let cook for approximately 2 minutes. Transfer the scallops to the ice bath and let cool. Once cool, dice the scallops into bite-sized pieces (approximately four pieces per scallops) and transfer to a glass bowl.
1. In a blender combine the roasted serrano pepper, yuzu, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and juice of 1 lime. 2. Puree until smooth. Pour the marinade over the diced scallops then add the extra virgin olive oil, chopped cilantro and sea salt. Lightly toss and set aside for 30 minutes to let the scallops marinate.
1. In a food processor, add the avocado and lime juice and puree until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the crema and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
1. Add all additional ingredients delicately on top.
To plate: spread the avocado crema on the bottom of the plate, place about 4 tablespoons of the marinated scallops, then garnish with grapes, fennel, pickled onions, chives and cilantro.